05 April 2008

Voting for the first time!

Hi everyone,

This is just a quick catch up to mention that I got a chance to vote for the first time - at my church! Last Sunday was the Easter Vestry meeting (always held the week after Easter). Typical of most smaller congregations it became clear that a few do it all. It was also funny to watch the tension between wanting to hold democratic elections and encourage people to nominate whomever they wanted but not really wanting to go over the number of slots - so that we didn't really have to count votes.

My name was put up for representation to the synod - not that it is likely that enough people know me to vote for me but indicative of how in another 3 years when we vote on that again there might be a slot for me there.

Another milestone, as the man who passed us on our drivers license said! And an important one at that.

Love to you all,
Alana

No comments: