28 July 2007

I've got the scoop . . .


This morning, while walking our grey-muzzled pups up to James Fort I met the two old gents who periodically show up along the shoreline to scan the sand for lost coins and other metal treasures as they point long, lean metal detectors. Being friendly and nosy, I asked which days brought the BEST of good finds. The response was something like “when the beach is full of people with loose pockets” (I still have trouble understanding a Cork accent.) As my curiosity began to grow about this potentially lucrative hobby, I then asked if they combed the beach after the sand sculpture-making workshop during Kinsale Arts Week. With startled looks, they replied that they did not know of the hundreds of spade toting sculptors who descended on Dock Beach a few Saturdays ago to create sand castles, mermaids, and sea turtles. HHHHMMMMMMMMM. I felt like I scored one point as a local who was able to share interesting and valuable information to fellow beachcombers.
All is well!!!

No comments: