31 January 2007

Counting as life goes by


Funny how we can get excited over the little things in life -- actually I see that as a blessing. While in Cork City I was thrilled to find this HUGE ICE CREAM CONE that was as tall as my 4'11 1/2" height. Our friend Tracesea took this picture for me for my friend Nelida with whom I shared a friendly little competition to seek out the most ice cream cones that seductively decorated front of storefronts in many small towns throughout Ireland. With the disadvantage of being the driver, I was behind in my count at the end of our visit. BUT, Nelida went home and I luckily live here. Therefore, the hunt goes on, my count goes up and I feel childlike enthusiasm for each time I spy a new ice cream cone I smile and appreciate the small, delicious joys in life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great photo of you--it's a good thing the ice cream cone wasn't any bigger.