25 September 2006

In the Morning Mist...




gentle misty drops
blowing across hedge and lane
wet days delight me



02-09-06
Our newly discovered neighborhood adventure is to explore a nearby country road, lined with blackberry hedges and pocked with puddles and pot-holes. This morning, we particularly enjoyed an INVIGORATING WALK as our two ol’ black pups and Em and I, who were clad in rain gear, hiked up and down the misty, blowy lane to look about the local graveyard. While surprised at the age span recorded on the gravestones as well as the variety of decorations at the plots, I was taken with the scattering of site edgings that simply directed visitors to “sit and pray” “kneel and pray” or “sit and talk”. Engraved on one beautifully designed granite headstone, I appreciated reading “Do not think of me as gone. I am still with you in each new dawn.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lovely photo, Margie!